Nomological Net

Stray thoughts from here and there. The occasional concern for construct validity. No more logic. Fish.

Name:

faults in the clouds of delusion

Friday, September 22, 2006

To Use the Parlance of our Times

- This is about unchecked aggression, dude. It's about drawing a line in the sand. This aggression will not stand, man.
- And proud we are of all of them. Yes, yes.
- Different mothers, huh?
- Careful, man. There's a beverage here.
- It's down there somewhere. Let me take another look.
- Certain things have come to light, man. New shit has come to light. Ins and outs, what have youse.
- Am I wrong? Am I wrong?
- I am the walrus.
- Shut up Donnie.
- Ve chhump on it and ve sqvish it.
- Dude's got a beeper.
- I bet he's still got nine-hundred sixty, nine-hundred seventy, depending on the options.
- Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
- Sometimes you eat the bar, and the bar, well, sometimes he eats you.
- That some kind of Eastern thing?
- You can imagine where it goes from here.
- He fixes the cable?
- Let me tell you something pendejo. Dios mio, it don't matter to Jesus.
- Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero!
- Obviously you're not a golfer.
- It tied the room together, man.
- I could just be sitting at home with pee stains on my rug.
- Hell, I can get you a toe by three o'clock this afternoon. With nail polish.
- You're entering a world of pain.
- Johnson?

Hah! Right now, more words = superfluous. Especially if you're spitting your brains out laughing already. If not, you haven't lived. And in case you're wondering what else I been up to this evening ~ in case you're into that whole brevity thing ~ here it is.

HOO-ah!

Two in one evening, man. The Dude abides.

15 Comments:

Blogger ? said...

Hoo ah! Very funky post tb. Ok, am abiding - updates now ready.

9/22/2006 3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! here is what I was up to today:

- its about the gentrification of the times, man.
- I'm the tabula rasa. Fill me in!

some more of the superflous!

and good that u abided my request, dude! and i stand by S&G's (or S's quote) quote on the monochrome/kodachrome...!

9/22/2006 4:26 AM  
Blogger MockTurtle said...

Don't you mean "Shut the fuck up Donnie"?
White Russian evening at my place next weekend?

9/22/2006 5:38 AM  
Blogger Falstaff said...

Sheesh. And to think that my buddies died face down in the dirt in 'Nam so people like you could go around saying shit like this. This is what happens when you f*** a stranger in the ass.

9/22/2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger km said...

The rug *really* held the room together.

Ha. My most very best of the favoritest movie of all times ever. At one time, my Xmas gift to *everyone* was a dvd copy of this film.

(And for all its nonstop humor, I was really moved at the "ashes" scene at the end...)

God bless the Coens, but they really need to make another good one fast.

9/22/2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

tfm:
excellent, thanks!

arun:
ah, but which quote?

mt:
that one's the more popularly used line. caught you out, didn't i? ;-)
would have loved to take you up on the offer, but alas i'll be at a conference. still on track for rre, though. hooah!

falstaff:
arthur digby sellers indeed. have some folgers :-D

km:
totally agree. revisited this after over a year last night (too, too long) and spent much of today shaking my head in wonder *again*. hey, at least i'm house-broken.

9/22/2006 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...or el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

9/24/2006 12:43 AM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

funny, i always imagined it as "dooderino".

9/24/2006 1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah well, air of confusion huh? well, its not from the BigL...its by warhol. With the BigL, the scene that left a mark is the tracking shot in the bowling alley towards the end...cant quite gather why so...i think thats where he says, "2 in 1 eve man", right?

9/24/2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger Arthur Quiller Couch said...

Wtf is the user's manual for this post?

9/24/2006 5:58 PM  
Blogger Brazenhead said...

Dude, love it man. Fuckin' A, man.
And one right back at ya.
I am 99% parched. I could use some CO-LA.

9/24/2006 6:39 PM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

arun:
i meant, which s/s&g quote? "better in" or "better than"?

aqc:
one word, three syllables: "the big lebowski".

brazen head:
you got me there - haven't seen that one yer. maybe on my next flight... tomorrow :-|

9/25/2006 12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

both! when with b/w, one craves color, and vice-versa. guess, am perpetually unsatisfied! :(

9/25/2006 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If a White Russian is being declined. I want!

9/26/2006 6:43 AM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

arun:
i agree, which is why i sometimes take the same shot twice :-)
btw, there's an interesting discussion of the bowling alley shot on the dvd special features. they first shot jeff bridges sliding down the alley while lying on a trolley, then superimposed the shot of the girls on it. only, they had to shrink him by 10% to make him fit!

ph:
any time :-D

9/26/2006 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home