Nomological Net

Stray thoughts from here and there. The occasional concern for construct validity. No more logic. Fish.

Name:

faults in the clouds of delusion

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The best ad of the season



I don't know a soul who's not been battered
I don't have a friend who feels at ease
I don't know a dream that's not been shattered
or driven to its knees
but it's all right, it's all right
for we lived so well so long
Still, when I think of the
road we're traveling on
I wonder what's gone wrong
I can't help it, I wonder what's gone wrong


Original here.

5 Comments:

Blogger km said...

I got chills the first time I heard that song. (that's a testimony to Paul's songwriting, not my immune system...)

11/04/2008 5:00 AM  
Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Very appropriate, since the song was a reaction to the Nixon years. The more things change etc.

J.A.P.

11/04/2008 4:29 PM  
Blogger wildflower seed said...

Wow. What a day! I am taking in every moment of it. This summer, I did the Mississippi Half Step Uptown Toodle-oo, and crossed the "mighty" Rio Grande (it is only a stream in Albuquerque); I drove through Cherokee nation, with a Truckin'-type situation outside Oklahoma City .... on July 4, and watched the sun go down over the mountains in Yuma, AZ. I saw the America of lyric and song and I never felt more alive. Today, I am brimming with hope. Yes, I get it. The more things change etc. etc. But revolution begins with a re-valuation. I'll take my chances with this one.

Ah Mother American Night, here comes the light

11/05/2008 6:17 AM  
Blogger km said...

Gentlemen, congratulations and here's to four new years.

11/05/2008 12:51 PM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

congratulations, everyone. we may be on a cusp here.

11/05/2008 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home