Nomological Net

Stray thoughts from here and there. The occasional concern for construct validity. No more logic. Fish.

Name:

faults in the clouds of delusion

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bag it, tag it

The tag. ex-Scout. And dared by Kundalini. Watch your backs, both of youse.

Eight different points "of" my perfect lover. Hmm. That instruction is filled with interesting possibilities, but I'll let them pass and play this with a straight bat (just to prove to myself that I can). So, here goes:

She should
- Be able to hold up one end of a logical discussion.
- Be able to build independent friendships with my friends.
- Be ready to experiment in foods and places.
- Want some of my favorite disks more than I do.
- Know when to be quiet.

She should not
- Change the channel when there's cricket.
- Walk out of a P&F show.
- Throw eggplants.

Over and out. I'm not passing this on to anyone, since an egg in hand is worth two on the wall. Sell it to the butcher in the store.

7 Comments:

Blogger scout said...

throw eggplants? you've obviously had an exciting past.

5/10/2006 1:19 AM  
Blogger km said...

P&F show? Pink & Floyd? Petal & Flower? Pimon & Farfunkel? Procter & Famble?

Pray, illuminate, young Tabula.

And "know when to be quiet"? My, my, feeling rather incendiary and bold, are we? :)

5/10/2006 2:10 AM  
Blogger MockTurtle said...

"Be able to hold up one end of a logical discussion" - I'm no misogynist, but isn't that counter to the whole concept of feminity? I always thought that being capricious was a big part of what made women interesting.
If my partner(present one excluded of course) had rational, logical discussions with me every time we differed instead of the usual tantrums and attempts at emotional blackmail, then it would make for a pretty bland relationship.

5/10/2006 2:39 AM  
Blogger kundalini said...

km, you'll be glad to know you dont qualify :). pimon and farfunkel!!

5/10/2006 9:04 AM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

scout:
mmhmmm.

km:
rofl! i can't decide which one's the funniest!

just to spoil the fun, the "correct" (let's say originally intended) expansion was "phil and friends".

and heck yeah -- but my honesty shines through, right? this is *my* list, no ghosting or anything -- now where's yours?! (but you're right, i'm sure there's a corresponding list being compiled, with the item "knows when not to hide behind the couch" on it.)

mt:
funny, yes, but note i didn't say that *every* discussion has to be a logical one. (and of course, i'm sure that there's that other list with the item "be able to hold up one end of a screaming match"...)

kundalini:
i'm glad too, in a way, you know. (now where's *your* list?)

5/10/2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger Amrita Pande said...

HEE HEE! That was a good list there Tabula..though some of it sounds suspiciously sexist :)
And why have girls been throwing "begoons" out?! TCH TCH

5/15/2006 4:01 AM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

what, me sexist? :-D what bits exactly do you suspect, anyway?

anyway, you're the sociologist. you supply the isms and i'll supply the stories to back them up.

and yes, begoons. technically, one begoon. that got BIGGER as it got closer.

5/15/2006 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home