Nomological Net

Stray thoughts from here and there. The occasional concern for construct validity. No more logic. Fish.

Name:

faults in the clouds of delusion

Monday, January 07, 2008

Monkeyline

Many, many years ago, during recess in a schoolyard in Sydney, two kids from the grade below mine jumped me and tried to beat me up. For a good five minutes till someone separated us, we were rolling around on the concrete and I was trying my best to give as good as I got. But I clearly remember that all during that time, even while I was fighting as hard as I could, my primary emotion was not one of anger or fear, but instead of surprise. Because, while they were hitting me, those two misbred marsupials kept repeating the word: Nigger. And I couldn't believe that someone could get things so wrong. Perhaps even on purpose.

Today I know better.

11 Comments:

Blogger Szerelem said...

Wow. Anger much??

The shole things been beyond shocking though - just makes me hate the Aussies all the more. Repulsive.

1/08/2008 12:02 AM  
Blogger Renovatio said...

It just struck me as plain ludicrous. Monkey?!?

1/08/2008 2:38 AM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

szerelem:
yes, much anger indeed.

renovatio:
give a dog a bad name and hang him.

1/08/2008 11:41 AM  
Blogger Renovatio said...

I like dogs too much. Well not poms and 'min-pins'. But those are more suitable for running up to and kicking as far as you can.

1/08/2008 9:19 PM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

renovatio:
a lovely mental image indeed.

1/09/2008 8:30 AM  
Blogger CrazyDiamond said...

argh..hate the buggers and their pet the BCCI...which in my belief is the real monkey.

1/11/2008 3:43 AM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

crazy diamond:
hello again, and yes, that's also true.

1/11/2008 9:06 PM  
Blogger km said...

What does Darwin have to say about this, I want to know.

1/12/2008 12:41 AM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

he's probably sitting around smirking. this is evolution at its best.

1/12/2008 3:59 AM  
Blogger thalassa_mikra said...

I'm not about to tar all Aussies with the same brush - I've met many, many really nice Aussies to do that. But it is true that Aussies have a nasty reputation in South-east Asia, and at least some of them are extremely condescending, patronising and at times downright racist.

The worst is how many of them think they're still part of Europe - umm...just because you have the same skin colour as the Brits and the French doesn't mean you wannabes can lay claim to their achievements as well.

1/15/2008 9:22 AM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

tm:
this isn't about all aussies, not by a long shot. it's about a few cretins. (and/or monkeys.)

1/17/2008 3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home