Nomological Net

Stray thoughts from here and there. The occasional concern for construct validity. No more logic. Fish.


faults in the clouds of delusion

Monday, January 18, 2010

Name in vain

So I meet this guy last week. He mumbles a bit. I ask him his name. He says (I think), "Jose."

So I all brightly and all, say "Jose? Ola!"

He looks a little confused but smiles and says, "Yes."

A little later I ask him where he's from; he says Iraq.

Now I'm confused.

Later that evening, back in the hotel room, I find him online and realize his name is actually Hossein.

Now I'm thinking, he must be wondering why this random guy suddenly upped and called him Allah.


Blogger ??! said...

Sirjee, we bow to thee. Tusi great ho.

1/18/2010 4:06 PM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...


1/19/2010 2:15 PM  
Blogger km said...

LOL (or should I say "JOJ"?)

//(Hussein as in "J-U-S-S...?")

1/21/2010 3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home