Nomological Net

Stray thoughts from here and there. The occasional concern for construct validity. No more logic. Fish.

Name:

faults in the clouds of delusion

Monday, January 18, 2010

Name in vain

So I meet this guy last week. He mumbles a bit. I ask him his name. He says (I think), "Jose."

So I all brightly and all, say "Jose? Ola!"

He looks a little confused but smiles and says, "Yes."

A little later I ask him where he's from; he says Iraq.

Now I'm confused.

Later that evening, back in the hotel room, I find him online and realize his name is actually Hossein.

Now I'm thinking, he must be wondering why this random guy suddenly upped and called him Allah.

3 Comments:

Blogger ??! said...

Sirjee, we bow to thee. Tusi great ho.

1/18/2010 4:06 PM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

ole.

1/19/2010 2:15 PM  
Blogger km said...

LOL (or should I say "JOJ"?)

//(Hussein as in "J-U-S-S...?")

1/21/2010 3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home