Nomological Net

Stray thoughts from here and there. The occasional concern for construct validity. No more logic. Fish.

Name:

faults in the clouds of delusion

Friday, December 19, 2008

memory

It's DR's birthday, and he's feeling the weight of the years. But I'm the kind of person who can put people at ease.

***

me:
happy new year
DR: thanks dude
this whole business just keeps ticking
meaning, i keep getting older i'm realizing
me: day by day
wait till the memory loss starts happening
DR: wow
i have no idea how i'll cope with that
me: like pouring a glass of water to take a tablet (tablets are also a sign of age)
then coming back 2 minutes later and not being able to remember
a) whether you drank the water or not
and b) if you drank the water, whether you took the tablet or not
(excuse me while i go take my medicine)
DR: !
me: add to that c) not being able to remember where you put the glass
DR: hohoho
DR: and finally d) finding the glass next to the kettle, and realizing you went to get water and ended up putting on the kettle

***

I think I'll have a cup of tea now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Szerelem said...

wow. you are mean.

12/19/2008 9:30 AM  
Blogger km said...

This could have been a terrible, terrible ad campaign for Orange Pekoe.

12/19/2008 8:45 PM  
Blogger sattva said...

hi tr, long long time! nice to see u haven't lost yr touch :)

12/20/2008 3:13 AM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

szerelem:
just average.

km:
could? should.

sattva:
ha! where did you show up from? long time!

12/20/2008 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home