Nomological Net

Stray thoughts from here and there. The occasional concern for construct validity. No more logic. Fish.

Name:

faults in the clouds of delusion

Monday, March 09, 2009

Living on the edge

In January, driving down the road near our house, a car coming the other way lost control, skidded across two lanes, and crashed head first onto us. Miraculously, no one was injured -- although it took a month to fix our car, and the other guy was totaled.

In February, introducing my tennis-buddy to squash, he aims a hard forehand at the ball and connects with my left index finger. Four weeks on and it's still swollen.

In March, snow-tubing during a break at a conference in Utah, the guy in charge of shoving the tubes at the top of the hill shoved my group off before I could get into my tube. I descended the slope head first, looking up at the sky, bearing most of my weight on my left shoulder. Nothing broke.

It's been a funny kind of year that way.

4 Comments:

Blogger km said...

This follows the "Sick man of Europe".

Just saying.

//Please don't operate heavy machinery this month.

3/10/2009 9:11 PM  
Blogger Rahul Siddharthan said...

I saw the snowtube comment on facebook but didn't realise the gravity of it, so to speak. And what's it about squash? I remember seeing recent mention of someone else busting a knee in the game.

Maybe you're just exhausting all your bad luck quickly and relatively harmlessly. So things will go well from now on.

3/10/2009 10:04 PM  
Blogger ??! said...

And now you have some waaay cool new stuff to teach your bacchas - "Look at me and learn, young punks, I know what I'm talking about - after all, I'm Almost-Indestructible Man!"

Seriously though, wow.

3/11/2009 4:05 PM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

km:
you noticed :-)

rahul:
heh, one can only hope! (the knee was sanmay's)

??!:
indeed.

3/13/2009 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home