Nomological Net

Stray thoughts from here and there. The occasional concern for construct validity. No more logic. Fish.

Name:

faults in the clouds of delusion

Friday, February 15, 2008

On Tap

Tell me, what would breaks in hectic weeks be, without youtube? In case you have never seen Stanley Jordan, here he is in all his dazzling virtuosity. Playing everything from

Eleanor Rigby (the Beatles) through Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin), and then, just to show he has the range, Now's the Time (Charlie Parker) through The Lady in my Life (Michael Jackson). It's not quite what Miles did with Human Nature, but seriously -- did you ever think a guitar could be played like this?

Seriously? And speaking of prodigies, have you heard of Quinn Sullivan? Playing The Thrill is Gone and While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and even dueting with Buddy Guy? Not your average eight-year old, for sure.

Treat yourself. Click through.

5 Comments:

Blogger wildflower seed said...

"Girls....poodles"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvAYA0tXi7g

from the show you saw, I think.

2/15/2008 3:24 PM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

yes, twas that show.

i'd seen this before, i think when i'd posted about the show itself. funny that johnny d's would have their own "tv". neat idea.

2/15/2008 9:05 PM  
Blogger km said...

He's 8 years old.

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to strangle myself with my D string.

2/15/2008 11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That kid can play!
I second km. I need to find a doctor urgently. I need some Prozac.

2/16/2008 2:06 AM  
Blogger Tabula Rasa said...

km, lekhni:
look for the youtube clip where he goes on the ellen degeneres show.

2/16/2008 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home